Saturday, January 20, 2007

RACE: GEF Light the Way 5K, Titusville, FL, 21:0x

This morning was the Light the Way 5K at the Park Avenue Christian Academy in Titusville. It's the third race in the Titusville Racing Series, and my first race after the Goofy Challenge. Even though the race started 2 hours later than Disney, it was friggin' chilly! I was breathing cold air for the entire race. Here are my splits:

    1 mile - 6:30 (6:30)
    2 miles - 13:37 (7:07)
    3 miles - 20:16 (6:39)
    3.1 miles - 21:00 (0:44)

I had some butterflies in my stomach before the race. It had been 5 days since my last run, and I can't say that I ate well the night before. I got about 5 hours of sleep (if that much), but all in all the race was good... better than I had hoped. I didn't place in my age group (3rd place was 19:5x... kicked my ass... oh well).

The ride home was good. I had plenty to eat at the race (4 bagel halves... nice and soft... yummy... plus a cup of coffee!). I've listened to all of the week's podcasts that I've burned to CD (I need an iPod), so I was listening to a mix tape I made last night with some music I bought off of iTunes (yes, I actually buy music online... good for me):

   1. "Nothing In This World" by Paris Hilton - What? It's a fun song. That's hot. They played this at the Disney marathon. Speaking of which, I probably should've also gotten Weird Al Yankovich's "White and Nerdy"... it'll be on the next mix tape.
   2. "Say It Right" by Nelly Furtado - Good memories with this song. DAK with my guy. Definitely another danceable track. Bought this track from iTunes then went out and bought the entire Loose CD... I want some Nelly Furtado at work.
   3. "Buttons" by Pussy Cat Dolls - I like all the dinging. When I hear this song, I think about PCD performing this song on So You Think You Can Dance. Travis really should have won over Benji. Benji's entertaining, but he won by sympathy. Boo.
   4. "Move" from Dreamgirls - Jennifer Hudson rules! I wanted this song ever since I heard it and saw J Hud shake those tatas! (Seriously, am I really gay?... well, I did buy a ticket to go see Dreamgirls... *shrug*...) You go DIVA!
   5. "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce - "You must not know what I mean. You must not know what I mean." Nice hook. Plus this song's just a little stronger than her impressive "Listen" from Dreamgirls. It's a good cool-down song.

Anyways, so I came home, mowed the lawn (changed the blade), uploaded the race pictures, sent out the link email, and finished this blog.

I rule.

Now for a shower, more food, then out to run errands and go touch the office.

0 comment(s):