Thursday, July 19, 2007

RUN: 7? miles @1 hour-ish, home <--> suntree blvd.

I had enough hours built up this week to leave just a early today. But my sole on-the-way-home task was to pick up one (1) lottery ticket.

You see, there were no big winner(s) for the last FL lottery jackpot, so the grand prize now stands at $33 million. In times like these, my friend Nga goes around the office collecting dimes for our office lotto pool -- the logic is that one ticket has just about the same chance of winning as a hundred (100) tickets in the $5/person office pool.

So here's the ticket with a couple areas strategically blanked out:Anyways, it was thunderstorming hard at work, but the closer I got to home, the more the sun was shining above the heavy clouds. And after a couple hours, I figured that I really should run since it's been a couple days.

There was an arc of sunshine slowly pushing the dark clouds away, so there was a good hope for no lightning. I put on my knee brace, long running shorts, a flimsy reflective singlet, and brought the ipod.

There was a recent news story of a man running with an iPod who got struck by lightning -- my nightmare realized -- but apparently, I am slow to learn from others mistakes or even from my own neuroses (I really wanted to listen to some Netcot podcasts and Aimee Mann while I ran.

Here's this evening's sweaty kitchen pic:(Yeah, I realize that I look "special".)

Anyways, I went 7 miles... ran the first 4, ran-walked the next 2 1/2, and walked the last 1/2 home. It wasn't hot outside, but my body was over-heating. It'll just take some time to build up my endurance and get better.

0 comment(s):