Thursday, January 24, 2008

RUN: 7.5 miles @ 58:19, Home<-LL->Suntree Blvd.

Tonight I ran in the rain in my reflective vest, AE cap, longish shorts, and old shoes.
It was a sucky run -- ALL SIDEWALK! and it's been four days since my last run. My legs felt so heavy and I never really got into a rhythm. My underwear was cutting into my hind-quarters I quickly remembered why I had retired that pair of shoes.

The rain was light, and there wasn't any lightning (thank goodness), but it made for a difficult time seeing the sidewalk... my glasses had a lot of condensation, and the on-coming headlights didn't refract well, so I had to keep my head down for most of the run.

I took a few walk-breaks, and I felt like I was back to ugly-running again, but the fact was that I was out there. Ironically, I was very pleased with tonight's sweaty ceddy pics.

Anyways, I'm making dinner now, then we'll see if I can't get to bed at a more-than-reasonable hour.

Here are the pics:


And a big THANK YOU to my sister who sent me my official "Team Ugly Shorts" race singlet:


w00t!

0 comment(s):