Friday, April 11, 2008

DISNEY: AniCot -- Disney's Animal Kingdom


Today I headed back to Disney, I was still feeling a little under the weather but I was determined to go!

I spent the morning at Animal Kingdom. On the way to the entrance, I heard a British boy tell his mom "Mum, look... it's the test track for the buses...":


Then the lines to get in the gates were Epic (sorry no pic) -- okay, so I may exaggerate some, but still, they did go all the way back to bag-check and were the longest I've ever seen.

So I adjusted my expectations and after a pic of me in front of the tree...


...headed to Harambe for a couple of "conservative" attractions:


First was the Pangani Forest Exploration Trails,

The animals were out; I think they were just starting their day... stretching their legs.

Meerkat and Gorilla

-----
Next was Rafiki's Planet Watch,


At the Conservation Station, the vet had a couple routine exams for ball pythons scheduled; for MOM's sake, I didn't take any pictures of that procedure, but I got a pic of a nearby screen that was tracking of one of their at-sea turtles (I like turtles).


I also took pictures of an owl and a toad.


-----
Well, after that, I headed to Asia and Expedition Everest because no matter how busy it is, the wait never seems very long.


Alright, I satisfied my roller-coaster fix.       :)

Next I headed out and drove to Epcot for the Flower & Garden Festival and for lunch.

0 comment(s):