Sunday, June 29, 2008

RUNs: 2.94 miles & 4.34 miles @ ??:??, Business Trip, Undisclosed Location

[This entry is ATF and just for record.]


While on my week-long business trip, I ran twice.

First, I ran on Monday after a long 12-hour day. I was frustrated and hungry, so I picked up a salad topped with sushi-grade Ahi Tuna from Outback; the people there were really nice. Right after I ate, I still had a lot of pent-up energy/tension and went out for a run. It was hot and dry, plus it had been a while since my last run, so I ran almost-3 at a very conservative pace. I believe that there were a number of walking intervals, but no matter. The important thing was that I was out getting some exercise.

Then on Thursday, my last day there, I finished up early and got back to the hotel in the early afternoon. I wanted to get some sleep early, but also wanted to get in one more run, so I ended up heading out at the hottest part of the day. I was mildly dehydrated, but that was expected. What I didn't expect was that I'd pull something in my left food... like my arch. This was after half a mile, but I put in another almost-4 against my better judgment.

Overall, the injury was an excuse to take a couple weeks off, but then again, running's part of my "routine", and I soon found myself feeling more out-of-shape-as-ever and longing to run.

Dah.

0 comment(s):