Thursday, February 19, 2009

RUN: Home<-ss->Gym (bike, trad elliptical/step)

Tonight, I went to the gym for the first time since Monday. I had lost my lanyard with my membership card and the keys to my lock, so I felt trapped outside a bit and have been gradually becoming exercise-edly pent-up. So when I found it stretched out on the arm of my computer chair, I quickly changed and headed out. I was there from 8:45pm-9:45pm, and there were a lot more people than I'd imagine... a mild mix of folks.

I did my 2 1/2 laps around the top before I did my ProStretch -- 4 sets on both feet (2 regs, 2 Achilles). Then I did 15 minutes on a more moderately reclined bike (that was equipped with a/c) -- I burned ~100 calories and went 5 1/4 miles. Next, I did 15 minutes on a traditional elliptical/step machine -- 115 calories and about 1 mile. I then ran 3 loops on the top before heading out. The easy jog home took 4 1/2 minutes.

Here's the kitchen pics:


-----
Today was TAD. It was E-Week at the Wickham Campus, and I helped out at the Toastmasters booth. I had been anticipating this for a while, and it's totally much easier not being on the planning side but still helping out -- I'm a really good helper, and I have moments where I'm a great/lucky planner, but planning is more stressful, and I tend to be over-zealous.

Our Giveaways:

Trouble CONNECTING with your audience?
Does speaking in public BEND you out of shape?
Does speaking in public BOGGLE your mind?
The event was good. It's a bonding experience of sorts, and it's starting to feel like tradition. Seeing others putting in their time and effort is what keeps me motivated.

Some of us:

Elizabeth and Dwight
Michael H. and George
Nga, me, Elizabeth again, and Matt
Michael C., me again, Dan, and Sylvia
And here's me with my friend Mario:

I hope that we have many guests and that they decide to join us. It's always great to get some new blood -- new perspectives -- plus it'd help us in achieving President's Distinguished Club. I have two more project for my CC, and I shouldn't wait for the group project before I start putting together my next speech. I'm thinking about writing about second chances.

-----
Anyways, I haven't been the nicest person on the road lately, and I'd like to say that it's because I'm still stressed about having to catch up with this and that, at work and at home. And time always seems so scarce. What can I do? I know that I have to be more disciplined in my schedule and duties -- also knowing not to over-extend myself to a breaking point. I need positive thinking, trust in my instincts, and frequent sanity breaks.

That said, this weekend's going to be a tight one. I plan on heading out to Orlando after work tomorrow -- hitting a park before going over to my friend's for the night, then hitting parks again next morning before heading back home in the early afternoon. Then I have to find the time to mow my lawn and pack for a trip.

I've got letters to write and packages to put together (Cindy, your package is going to be delayed a week. I've got pictures ordered, but they won't be in until mid-next week.), magazines to read, and speeches to write.

Alright, enough words. Now I have to go do stuff before I go to bed.

G'night.

0 comment(s):