Monday, March 09, 2009

JOURNAL: 30-Minute Workout

I just got back from a 30-minute visit to the gym. Hopefully writing this post won't take longer than that.

It was a long day at work. I think that it took an extra day for the time-shift to hit me. Work seemed long and it didn't help that I forgot my coffee at home.

After work, I had a running club meeting that ran long. And I always seem to be when I get actual phone calls instead of txts.

I got home in time to change and run to the gym for a quickie workout. I didn't put any laps in and didn't ProStretch. I did ask an attendant for a weight-training record form, so now I'm set.

I did 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps of five machines -- arm extensions, bicep curls, row, overhead press, lateral(?) press. I worked mostly my arms. I think the bicep curls were the toughest -- I can still feel the burn (good).

And that's it. Now I'm back home, trying to get resettled and will probably forego the running minutes until another night this week. With a couple friends coming into town/Orlando this weekend to the next, I'm already getting anxious.

I know that I shouldn't stress out, but I can't help but not relax. The house is a mess, and I'm not at a calm and happy place with things in general. I'm sure that things will get better. I just have to ride this trying interval out.

Anyways, I'm not in shape, but I'm going to try to get back gradually.

Here are tonight's sweaty ceddy pic:

0 comment(s):