Saturday, May 09, 2009

FOOD: Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew

Tonight, I'm making the Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew recipe I found on the Disney Family Food website. It's another crock-pot project, and I'm excited! It looks very healthy and flavorful, which is good since I need to be eating more vegetables.

"Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew"
CROCK-POT®

Ingredients

      4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
      2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
      2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
      2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch slices
      1 can (28 ounces) whole stewed tomatoes
      1 teaspoon salt
      1 teaspoon paprika
      1 teaspoon celery seeds
      1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
      1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
      1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
      1 cup nonfat, low-sodium chicken broth
      1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped

Directions

      1. Combine the chicken, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, salt, paprika, celery seeds, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg and broth in the 4 1⁄2-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker.
      2. Cover; cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.

all in!

Now it's just a waiting game. It'll be done at... 3:30am?!

I'm stupid.

Oh well... I've been told that it's difficult to mess up a crock-pot, so if I do, at least it'd be an achievement.

I'll post a finished pic when it's done.

:)

----
Sunday 7:24am Okay, it's done! Not as savory-looking as on the website, but hopefully it still tastes good.

looks and smells healthy!


Happy Mother's Day!

0 comment(s):