Thursday, May 07, 2009

FOOD: Free KFC


Yeah, I did it. I got some of Colonel Sander's Oprah's free chicken. And I only had to wait about 10 minutes. I went after work, and the line wasn't too too bad -- about a dozen people with coupons in addition to the six or seven paying customers. Because of the high demand, the store was in the perpetual state of preparing more grilled pieces, and we had to wait.

We were all pretty cool, with the exception of one guy who wanted to cause problems. He was trying to redeem multiple coupons for himself then wanted to choose his two free sides. Long story short, he was being snarky with the staff and the manager, then rest of us rallied to the store's defense and called him out on his pettiness towards this free offer.

I am proud to say that I was vocal in this effort, making reference to both Disney's current Celebrate Today promotion and the time Oprah gave away cars, while staying relatively-professional. (I want a free car and I want to choose the color!... I love to exaggerate).

Anyways, the new grilled chicken was delicious (still both juicy and crispy), and I loved the entire meal. Once this free-chicken coupon panic passes, I will probably head back for some more. Thank you Oprah and thank you KFC.

-----
Related NPR article:
"Lessons Learned From The Great Free-Chicken Fiasco of 2009"

0 comment(s):