Saturday, July 25, 2009

RUN/WALK: 5.76 miles @51:43, Home<-LL->VHS Loop, Melbourne, FL

On the first day of my Melbourne weekend, I mowed the lawn, wrote a letter, watched half of Pushing Daisies season 2, made pasta and breaded chicken tenders, did a load of laundry, and put up 2 blog posts -- 3 if you count this one.

What I need to do is write the first draft of my speech for this Wednesday.
...
Also in my procrastination, I went out for a run... a much-needed one; it's been almost two weeks since I've been out for one. I've been playing volleyball (I've been driving there), and it's not the same.

My sisters have been kicking butt with their Goofy training. Cindy put in 16 miles today. The least I can do is my nearly-6-mile loop.

I slept in this morning, so I had to wait until near-evening to go out. I was prompted by the prospect of a storm like the one last night. I rushed out the door and didn't pay much attention to stretching... I was going for the loop at all costs... and I didn't have the best performance.

After a mile-and-a-half, I had to start walking. Then I basically took the rest of the way in quarter-mile intervals (if that much). My endurance had noticeably suffered during my two-week running hi8us. I didn't stress over it. I just took it in stride.

It wasn't going to rain.

I think I could've benefited from some early stretching and more concentration on my breathing. By the last mile, I was able to put in a great-form half-mile, but that's it.

I came home, took a shower, then ate 2/3rds of a bag of sweet corn hushpuppies (delicious!).

I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring. I want the first draft done (or at least an outline). I may go watch Harry Potter while I bug-bomb my house (needed). And I may try for simple 2-mile.



G'night.

0 comment(s):