Thursday, February 25, 2010

RUN: 5.06 miles @~43:00, Home<-LL->WM 1/2+&CVS, Melbourne, FL

Good run tonight. It was chilly but I dressed warm. I ran with music -- Lady Gaga's "Telephone", Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now", and songs from Res's "Black.Girls.Rock!" album.

I haven't run much lately and only planned to run two miles, but after I got to WM, I figured that I was already out and dressed, and that the first mile was only warm-up. I hadn't run across I-95 in a long time, so I cut a new path over and went as far as CVS (Publix would've been too impersonal of a course). Turns out, I made a path just a hair over five miles.

I ran very consistently, not stopping to walk, only for traffic. I wore my older blue Asics

This Saturday, instead of the ESPN the Weekend 5K, I signed up for the Tail of the Lizard 2-Mile SCR race -- I'm supporting my club.

I'm hitting the parks tomorrow/Friday -- starting with a live taping of "The Herd with Colin Cowherd" (yeah, I don't know who this is, but it seemed like a special event), followed by a visit to DHS to take a few pictures of/with [*fingers crossed*] John Anderson. Next, I'm going to visit Epcot to check out some of their Flower & Garden Festival displays (officially starts on March 3rd), see what Vancouver Olympics merchandise is offered at the Canada Pavilion, and take some more pictures of the world showcase construction projects (Mexico, China, Italy).

Saturday is the race, followed by some time at home. Then perhaps there'll be dinner and a movie at a co-worker-friend's house -- our office certainly needs the morale boost. Sunday is pretty much free. I need to pack for next weekend's D23 1-yr Celebration at WDW, which will then lead into a week-long business trip, which will be a much-needed change of pace.

Anyways, I'm glad that the weekend is started and that there seems to be more breathing room. Club-level Toastmasters contests are done (and successfully so). I could've handled a number of situations at work better, and I realize that each week is a new opportunity (life is cyclic).

As for the volleyball-ing, I opted not to go yesterday -- it has been more frustration than fun lately. By 10pm last night, I felt like I had listened to what I really needed, and that made me happy. I'll probably be taking the next couple weeks off to get back into the running. Anywho, below is my first me-pics in quite a while. Enjoy!

0 comment(s):