Saturday, October 14, 2006

BLADE: 4 miles, WM&tA

         
Today, I bladed to Wal-Mart to pick up the new and final book (the Thirteenth) in Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. This excursion was my adventure for the day.

It was my first time taking my blades out for a utilitarian purpose (... somehow that doesn't sound right...). I brought a change of shoes and some money in my mesh backpack, tightened my blades all the way this time, and took off. I still felt slow... like I was using a mountain bike for a road race, but I figure that I have a few months before it really matters.

After WM, instead of heading home, I decided to head to the Avenue. Yesterday, I gave up stopping at the Q-Cup in Orlando for a bubble tea, so I decided to treat myself with some bubble tea at the Asian Too -- lychee slushie. Then I headed back... in orange shorts and a yellow vest, drink-in-hand... I felt chic.

At the roundabout, there was a crowd of a dozen vultures working on an armadillo that had been hit. It was interesting to see them deal with oncoming traffic and vice versa. I had to take a moment.

So that's today's adventure... was going to head out for a show, but I feel like I've spent so much money so far this weekend, and tomorrow's pride in Orlando. The rest of the day is for domestic dutes.

0 comment(s):