Friday, October 13, 2006

JOURNAL: Finding Nemo Preview

[This entry is ATF.]


Friday morning I drove to Orlando for the AP/DVC preview of the new Finding Nemo ride at Epcot's The Seas. I got there right when the park opened got in line with the other passholders. We had to wait about an hour because there were some technical difficulties, but once they started the ride, the line moved very quickly.

What did I think of the ride?

The new technology of projecting images into water was beautiful and the decor in the waiting line was very well-themed, but overall I was a bit disappointed. Yes, there was a story, but a majorly-cliff-noted version of the story and not enough educational value for my taste.

I had similar qualms about Expedition Everest -- that it was too simple -- but my opinion changed. I think that my opinion about FN will also change for the better in the future. I was nursing a major headache that morning (probably from getting to bed late and getting up so early), so next time I'll be more able to observe. As for the ride's "educational value", I'm already thinking of it less than a "tour" and more of an "intro-to".

Anyways, the ride opens to the public on Monday, and I'll be back with some friends to visit the International Food & Wine Festival, so until then...

0 comment(s):