Thursday, October 12, 2006

RUN: 12x (330 @1:04 w/ 110 walk-jog recovery)

Tonight, I had the best practice so far of this season. I ran with Greg -- 1/2 mile warm-up to Wickham Park, then twelve 330s-with-110s-as-recovery repeats. Our goal was to run them in 1:04, and we did for the first seven (1:02-1:06). We ran a very even pace, and that really helped with the endurance. We then met up with John and Mike and ran another couple at 1:04, then for the last three, we picked up the speed -- and I hit them off at :55, 1:00, and :48! (I totally got compliments on my leg-speed.) He cooled off with an easy loop around the park (~10:00/mile jog) and then the 1/2 mile trails back to our cars.

Greg was a great running partner. The friggin'ly consistent and even pacing (:22/110) was a really good thing... I actually went negative with my splits! Also, Greg was very easy to talk to; we had a good balance with the conversation. I was pretty open and conscious about myself, probably because I finally release some of my anxiety from hearing my boss's right-wing declaration a couple days ago -- I came out to my officemate and one of my [programming] teammates today (I just can't get back in the closet - it's just so unhealthy both mentally and physically). Also, I learned that if I didn't have the music on in the car, I was calmer... so that was my gift today to the other people on the road. You're welcome.

Anyways, so about 5 miles total tonight... good. I was thinking about tackling another couple more, but it was getting dark, and I had to make a stop by the library to pick up a book I had on hold (The Tao of Pooh). My back's still killing me (I'm thinking it's a combination of time hunched over in front of a computer and not exercising my back muscles to compliment my shapelier abs).

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Epcot for the Finding Nemo ride preview. Aftewards, I'm going to take a break from the theme parks, and head out to the West Orange Trail to rollerblade (just got the idea from someone online)... and that'll be my little adventure for the weekend.

There is no lack of things to do this weekend. So now, it's back to Ugly Betty, then perhaps Gray's Anatomy before hitting the showers and bed. G'night.

0 comment(s):