Wednesday, January 31, 2007

TOASTMASTER: Table Topics (Apples To Apples)

I didn't have to give a speech at Toastmasters this morning, but I was the meeting's assigned Table Topics Master. And it went well.

I actually practiced last night... I practiced more than I thought I would if I did.

"Thank you, Toastmaster of the Day. When I saw that I was going to be in charge of table topics..."

I brought my set of Apples To Apples, and it was fun. I made each of the other members justify why their (noun) was (adjective).

Doug: Halloween - Scary (yeah, that wasn't too bad)
Bertha: The Little Mermaid - Tame (she hadn't ever watched the movie)
Nga: The Milky Way - Foreign (did it as in the candy bar)
Shelrie: I Love Lucy - Courageous (she was voted best table topics)
Charles: Lennon's Tomb - Funky (probably the toughest combo, and he did well)
Sarah: The Smithsonian - Cruel (good match)

Anyways, I was also the General Evaluator for the meeting since attendance had each of us covering at least one position. I thought that it was a really good meeting today.

Now for some food!

0 comment(s):