Saturday, February 17, 2007

FOOD: Mahi Mahi with Friends

This early evening, my friend Ernie and his friend Drew picked me up from my house, and we went to Orlando for dinner at Friends Restaurant with my friend Herb before Drew's flight back to Philadelphia.

I had forgotten what it was like to go out with a group of gay guys and have a really good time. I really needed that.

Okay, let's get the food pic out of the way. I had the Grilled Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa. The Mahi Mahi was well done; the salsa was... not so much what I expected, but it wasn't bad. The mashed potatoes were really good - I like the small potato pieces in it. Here's the pic:


And we took some people pictures too:

Ernie and Drew

Me and Herb

Ernie, Drew, and Me

Ernie, Drew, Me, and Herb


We also had dessert: ernie and drew each had apple pie, and I got some sort of pig's something cake (YUM! I was so tempted to eat the icing, but I didn't want to hurt on the way home... wait... icing doesn't have any dairy in it, does it?... well, I'm going to assume there was cream cheese).

Anyways, it was nice Not driving -- Ernie's now on my kid-hostage-approved list -- all I had to do is navigate. And I learned that yes, there is a lot of Orlando that I don't know, but I do know what I need to know. Perhaps that's reflective of my work situation. I need to be more of a nerd.

Well, once I got home, I watched a couple episodes of Brothers & Sisters while I downloaded today's photos. I'm going to go to work early tomorrow... either that, or go running, or running, then to work... all before bowling -- I didn't hear back from my co-worker about moving the fridge, so that's going to get pushed back another week.

Okay, shower and sleep time.

2 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Which stage of the Tour de France did you win?

LiveStrong!

Cedric said...

The "Third Leg"...