Saturday, February 17, 2007

TOP 5: Um... from Yesterday and Today

I'm officially not avoiding the TOP 3 entries anymore, but I'm also not going to go through the formalities of the typical TOP 3 entry. The think-backs, listing, organizing, gathering, the blah blah blah, was just too much pressure. So I'm easing back in with Top (whatever number) of (whatever timeframe)... until I get steady with it again.

So there.

Here's the Top 5 from the past two days (February 16-17, 2007):

1. Tonosama Combo from the Yakitori House at Epcot's Japan - OHHHHHH... I've been craving this O-SO-Tasty meal for a long time. It never fails to draw spasm-of-delight from my tongue to my toes. I love this stuff. And what makes it better was that I had toured the World Showcase counterclockwise and had bought a kick-ass cap from Canada that was A) on sale!!! [me good shopper] and B) keeping my head warm; it was a cold day. Also, was also able to snap a couple good squirrel pictures. But back to the food: yum yum, me love long time. [FOOD, DISNEY]


2. Brothers & Sisters on ABC - What a great show. I didn't care for the first part of the pilot or a few of the early episodes, but this series has found its stride. And I suspect that it may take a sudden turn for the better (a la Grey's Anatomy, not so much as wide appeal, but in its intensity with cult support). I kind of started watching when I heard about the gay character (yes, I'm still shallow like that), but really, he's a really good character. I like the feeling of family the show has, with Sally Fields as the crazy mom... I watched a couple episodes tonight, and halfway through my mini-marathon, I just had to call mom (all together now: awwwww...). Anyways, really good show, give it a chance, then give me a call :) [TV,GAY]


3. Dinner with Friends - It's nice meeting someone new, and it was nice to introduce friends, plus the restaurant is nice "just the way it is" - beautiful inside and outa nice meal at a very reasonable price. [GAY, FOOD]


4. Laundry Baskets - I got the caramel-pumpkin orange laundry baskets (6 of them) at Wal-Mart late at night on the way back from Disney. I love the color - it's just so... different. The sticker on the shelf was $5.00, but when I scanned it... *bing* $2.00, and I was like... "I'm getting 6 of them!"... Actually, I may totally go back and grab the rest. [GAY]


5. Pom Pom's Tea House - I stopped by after Disney to grab dinner, but ended up staying and helping out. I enjoy spending time there - it's my home away from home, and they're (literally) "my family". It's such a contrast from life in Melbourne. Cori and Miah (sp?) were working, but I was able to see Pom and Mike for a little bit. [GAY, FAMILY, FOOD]

1 comment(s):

Poker and Euchre said...

Yay! The Top list is back! and food pics. Double Yay!

What's in that Tonosama Combo anyway? It looks yummy.