Monday, February 19, 2007

WORK: Fire Drill

I'm feeling a little better this morning... just feeling predominantly unresolved. I'm hesitating getting back to the office because I just feel taken advantage of as far as the refrigerator goes, and also because I'm not completely sure what I'm supposed to be working on at the moment... (feeling like I'm duplicating effort).

I'm dreaded the 5-day work week, and I haven't run since last Thursday. I know that attitude can make or break a day, and I've gotta be more disciplined so it doesn't affect me so much. IJNAH.

This morning I made a mug of toffee-caramel instant coffee and was enjoying it when the fire alarms went off. I just took my planner and the mug of coffee as we herded ourselves outside.

I headed to the car and checked for any early-morning messages (none) then ended up in a car with three other ladies, waiting out the ordeal while everyone else dealt with the feels-like-42 plus mega-winds, progressively forming a cuddle huddle. The four of us girls just sat in a car in the parking lot, just gabbing about anything... oh I miss that. I need to change fields.

After 15 minutes or so, we saw everyone else start heading back in, so we begrudgingly followed, and instead of the office, I tore away to here, the unclass to document this morning's timely break... and to postpone going back to the office, to my conservative-Christian not-so-happy place. This morning, I'm drowning myself with music.

Anyways, I need some moral support and/or just to get away from it all. I need to be dead to the world for a few days. I need to find some happy music, instead of the [good but introspectively depressive] music - "Bibo No Aozora/Endless Flight" from Babel OST, and JT's "What Goes Around".

A nice walk in the park would help but too bad there isn't a place like that for people like me in situations like this.

Seven hours ahead for the week; three hours from my overtime cap... but I know that it won't stop. So do I let work consume me this week? I've gotta give my body up to something, and it's too cold to run (or so I tell myself).

Too much thinking and about not the right things this morning. I need a glimpse of sunshine for the week - something to keep my head up and in anticipation - instead of the corridor of dark-and-twisty I currently see.

2 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

I sense cable withdrawal...

See you in 10 days! We'll run inside on a treadmill (that has it's own 17" LCD screen with cable! BYO headphones), take some classes, go to the foodie amusement parks, and cook with my new toys (hopefully).

Cedric said...

10 days seem like a lloonngg time. Can i go visit y'all now?