Monday, June 04, 2007

GAY DAY PICS: The Red Shirts

Here are my favorite shirts from this year's Gay Days:

Honorable Mentions
"Just Married"
Location: Ticket and Transportation Center
When: first thing in the morningComment: Simple yet strong. Just the words evoked a feeling of something new, hopeful and exciting. (What a great way to start the day!)

"Thing 1s and Things 2s"
Location: Bridge between Liberty Square and Main Street USA
When: early morningComment: The encounter of these two couples was one of those "everyone's part of this one big family" sort-of-moments, which is great for Watermark (the local gay mag). Unfortunately, Dr. Seuss is Universal Studios, not Disney. (Disqualified)

"Sinner"
Location: Tomorrowland
When: I don't rememberComment: Just like me. I would Totally wear that shirt out. (but not to Disney)

"Mine's Bigger"
Location: In front of the Country Bear Jamboree
When: 12:30pm-ish on the way to check up on the Leather Pirates gatheringComment: Mischievous and fun-looking couple. I love the monkeys and the lettering. (Cute Cute Cute)

"Rub My Tummy"
Location: In front of the Country Bear Jamboree
When: at the 1:00pm bear gatheringComment: Pooh Bear + Asian-theme = "I've gotta take a picture of your shirt"... "Just the shirt?!"... Awww. (Yeah, I rubbed it)

"Incredi-bears"
Location: Everywhere
When: early afternoon Comment: Very organized, great work with the logo and presentation - clean, crisp, very well-executed shirts.

"Misses"
Location: Fantasyland between the Carousel and Peter Pan.
When: late afternoon Comment: Very nice idea. I like the thought, collaboration, and handi-work involved with the shirts. And the guys had nice... um. Yeah... they looked good. Unfortunately the shirts were black, not the official color red. (Disqualified... definitely too bad)

The Runner-Up
"OMG Shoes"
Location: Liberty Square heading towards Frontierland
When: i don't rememberComments: Subtle, yet not. Inside, but not. G-rated funny, yet with PG-13 material (69). Totally random shirt. (I love it)

My Favorite
"I Married Him"
Location: In the queue for Winnie the Pooh
When: right after the 3:00pm paradeComments: I like how the shirts have a childhood picture of the other person on it - one with "I Married Him" on it, and the other with a thought bubble with a hamburger in it. I liked their shirts the best because they're playful and really shows how much they care for each other.

1 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Just Married: awww, what a great sight to start the day. All is good in the world.

Thing1&2: lol. Disqualified?! Sure, I guess. But it's cool to see the same shirts on girls and guys.

Sinner: I would totally wear that...

Mine is Bigger: Do straight men wear these too? Can I get one that says "Mine are bigger"?

Rub My Tummy: where's the pic of the tummy rub? I'm disappointed.

IncrediBears: great logo and on red shirts! I'm sensing a big bear theme here.

Misses: Looks like a gay rowing team. They have the straight look - hot, young, clueless.

OMG Shoes: I don't get it.

I Married Him: aww. cute idea, but not my favorite.