Friday, July 20, 2007

MOVIE: Hairspray

"I'm both pleased and scared to be here."

Last night, Chuck and I went to go see the midnight showing of Hairspray up at the Rave.

The windows of the building were dressed up, as was the hallway leading up to the theatre. There was a good number of people, all of them pretty young (20s and under), and some of them were also dressed up, to the 9s... or the 60s depending on how you look at it.

I went in my pajamas and sleeveless with loads of hairspray keeping my hair up. Chuck and I worried about being about to stay up, but the movie was filled with energy and very worthwhile watching.

For one thing, the casting was great -- Travolta in drag was Ever so entertaining, and I thought that Amanda Bynes and Zac Efron were standouts as Pinky Pingleton and Link Larkin (respectively).
But the real standout was how you could feel the love and spirit the entire cast and crew put into this movie. There were some cameos by some of the cast of the original (non-musical) movie -- Jerry Stiller, Ricki Lake, and John Waters among others.

I told Chuck that he was now officially gay (he Did buy my ticket). He laughed.

Anyways, here are a couple pictures from last night. Picture #1 (left) is of Chuck sporting a Tracy Turnblad bob (sort-of) just outside our screen, and Picture #B (right) is of me and my 007 (sort of).
[note: the pictures are blurry because they were taken using my camera and we didn't have enough time to figure out the auto-focus before the crowds appeared]

0 comment(s):