Thursday, January 24, 2008

JOURNAL: INAC

Yeah, I don't know about this week. Emotionally, I feel like I've been going downhill and that now I'm very backed-up -- so many unresolved feelings and issues. And the current and projected near-future pressures continue to mount, and I need a release, either forced or involuntary to get over this functional block.

Work hasn't been spectacular -- the politics of it wears on me quickly -- and now I have to prepare for a meeting with my group leader to assess my performance and progress towards my "career goals".

Add to that a speech for next Wednesday's Toastmasters that I haven't even nailed down a topic for.

And it's a short weekend. I stayed in town last weekend, and this time around I have an early Saturday morning obligation with meeting that afternoon that I'll probably guilt myself into attending. Then it'd be a short visit to Orlando where I'd be tempted to indulge in a frivolous escape (I REALLY need a complete day off).

And on top of that is the planning for numerous upcoming trips that are going to more expenses (as I try to ignore how much I'm paying for in gas). I could go into how I'd like my car to get a tune-up (squeaky belts) but it's a futile issue at the moment. BAH.

I haven't run all week, and I'm going to experience a shift in my diet next week, so I'm not feeling like I'm taking care of myself as well as I should, and my only hope is to think of it as temporary neglect (much like with many other things) -- this is where a partner would come in handy, but it's not going to be anytime soon that that's going to happen.

It's just having a lot of things on my mind with no outlet of release. I heading D&T, but that's where I am right now.

I'll try to make the next post something more fun.

0 comment(s):