Friday, February 29, 2008

DISNEY: Four Parks (Epcot - Future World)

The last time I visited the parks, it was with my sister for the Disney Marathon a month-and-a-half ago. I've been dreaming about going back ever since.

With the weather forecast beautiful, I headed over to Disney World on this Leap Day 2008!


The plan was to hit all four parks, and I took Stitch with me.

son, remember where we parked
ahhh, so beautiful.

It was encouraging to see the CMs interacting with guests.

simple but effective

We made it there just in time for rope drop.

the characters were there to greet us

The family-of-the-day drives off in a car from Test Track.

surprise tests?

Here we go...


Most everyone heads to Soarin', but I decided to mix it up and follow the characters to the Character Spot. This was something MOM wanted to do when she was here, but the lines were too long. MOM, these photos are for you!


Afterwards, we went to the Land Pavilion. Didn't take any pictures, but we rode Soarin' since the wait time was only 20 minutes.

Then what would a visit to Epcot be without a ride on Living With The Land:

stitch and i were the only ones on our boat
papyrus, brussels sprouts, and a pumpkin
stitch spots some dragon fruit and coconut plants

Next was a visit to my friend Figment at the Imagination pavilion.


On the way, there was a group of people role-playing, led by a CM -- the scenario: a 10-yr old boy wanted directions to the Magic Kingdom.

no, he's not proposing

I then noticed that they each had a name tag... was it a tour group? CM training? I don't know but the realization was my cue to move on.

Journey Into Imagination (or "Journey into Immigration" as I overheard a family call it) was currently down due to technical problems, but no worries, I'll catch it next time.

Next was the Seas with Nemo and Friends. We didn't go in, just wanted to take pictures with the characters:


Test Track was next.

it's just like in face/off

We rode with some friendly people from Japan who were fans of Stitch.

the computer broke. in fact, you could say that windows 'crashed'...
ride photo (a car full of asians!)
stitch and his new friends

They were great.

Next was a trip to Innoventions to check out the new Waste Management exhibit, Don't Waste It.


team ugly shorts!

We answered questions about our everyday life then were given a mini push-around waste management truck that we dock at different stations to sort, burn, and landfill our trash. It was a really cool and fun exhibit.


And of course we had to ride Spaceship Earth.


The ride stopped a few times and gave us a good opportunity to take pictures.


I still think that the face-recognition, quiz, and personalized video of us in the future is super cool (even though they didn't recognize Stitch's face (yeah, we tried)).

Here's my future:


In the Project Tomorrow exit area, I couldn't find our ride photo to create-and-send an email (oh well), so I just took a picture of someone else's.

nice...

Then the Disney fans that Stitch and I shared a ride vehicle with pointed us to a Super Driver booth that was reporting a 'rorrE lataF'.

lesson: microsoft + driving = bad (ha!)

Alright, we had spent a good 3+ hours in Future World. There were three-and-a-half more parks to cover. To the BUS and to Disney's Animal Kingdom!...

1 comment(s):

Cedric said...

Yeah, I realize that in the picture of me and Pluto, it looks like I'm humping his leg. That's ironic and totally unintentional.