Tuesday, February 26, 2008

RUN: 6.0 miles (5K@21:51.5), +PB Fun Run+, Palm Bay, FL

[This entry is WAY ATF.]

[The route map is above. Click HERE for the 'satellite'-version.]

Today, I was dehydrated after a mixed day at work -- learned a lot but also got needlessly antagonized by random people for some reason unknown to me. I probably should've gone directly home to recover, but I headed down to the Palm Bay Fun Run.

I got there early and instead of trying to nap in the car, I got out and ran a 2-mile warm-up (to Babcock and back) then met up with the others.


Tonight, there were six of us (which his a very good crowd). And I ran a quick clip with Robin.

I forgot our splits, but they were near-consistent with a big Asian Kick at the end.

Afterwards while we had water and apples, the ladies spotted a stray cat that was people-friendly. Long story short, they talked me into taking the cat home with me.

I know.

Anyways, he/she stayed in the back of my car looking out the back windshield, meowing every few seconds, with me responding in the like. I was txt-ing and trying to contact other friends for advice. And my friend Chuck said that he would come over with supplies.

When I got home I kept DC (stands for 'Dump Cat') in the garage and brought him/her a small bowl of tuna and some water.



And after a while I let him/her explore the house. Here's a video:


Chuck came over with a carrier, some kitty litter, and treats. He played with DC and told me that DC is a male cat and that he's really well-adjusted.


After Chuck left, I was still here-there-around-the-house, and DC followed me around. I'd be at my computer, and he'd just find a comfortable place on the futon to rest out:


I went to the bathroom (the room, not the action) to show him where I set up his kitty litter, but he didn't have to go. He just laid on the rubber-side of a bathmat:


Then I figured that his belly's probably still a bit empty so I opened some wet food for him (didn't have dry food at the time). Danger and Trouble joined in:


Then we went to bed on the cot -- DC at my feet.

What a weird night it turned out to be.

0 comment(s):