Sunday, February 24, 2008

RUN(?): 6.3 miles @1:05:00-ish, Work<-->Sarno/Ellis, Melbourne, FL

[Click HERE for the 'satellite'-version.]

This early-afternoon's run wasn't great, it wasn't good, and it wasn't so much a run...

I did the Wickham/Sarno/NorthDowEast/Ellis/IbisEmerald box route (with a in-out at Washburn).

It was mid-day -- hottest part -- and I headed out with music, water, and long-sleeve tech. I started off okay but quickly realized that there was going to be a lot of walking intervals.

A lot of factors contributed to the less-than-desirable showing: the weather (overcast yet Hot), being out-of-shape, and just not being into it (body still tired and motivation still depleted). I did manage some high spirits when I got cat-called by a guy hanging outside of the backseat window of a passing truck (redneck pride! maybe...). And when I waved to people (on the small roads), some waved back!

But really... nothing woo. The route even looks boring. There was hardly any sidewalk and there was car fumes throughout.

On East, I saw a turtle. I watched it pull its limbs into its shell as I approached, then as I stood to walk away, I saw it come out of its shell and take a few steps along its way. I recognized that to be one way to go through life -- stop everything and hide until threats have passed, but I recognize that they're not known for much. And who's intimidated by them? Certainly not zombies).

I want a life that is more dynamic and that has a little more danger. I want a life that is warm and meaningful.

And I know that life itself is dynamic with ups and downs. Right now, I'm just riding those waves.

Anyways, here are the pics from the parking lot of work and from the kitchen:

0 comment(s):