Saturday, March 01, 2008

DISNEY: Four Parks (Disney's Animal Kingdom)

After Epcot, the next park we visited was Disney's Animal Kingdom.

(a.k.a. stitch's animal kingdom)
still a beautiful day :)

We needed our adrenaline rush, so we headed towards Asia, but on the way, I took a breath and asked myself: "What's the hurry?" and decided to stop by the Pooh and Friends Meet 'n' Greet.


It was here that my dreams came true: I got a Dream Fast Pass!... but not from the Dream Squad. A nice family behind me had won but couldn't use them. They had already given two away and had one left and offered it to me. I was completely speechless.

omg, omg, omg
thank you! thank you! thank you!
The wanted to do something for them but didn't have much to offer but to let them in front of me... it was the least I could do, and they were very gracious.

Here are the pictures of son and me with the characters:


What an unexpected adrenaline rush! That's Disney magic. That's what this place will inspire its guests to do for each other! :)

Son and I then headed to Expedition Everest as a chaser:

a refreshing view

We entered the stand-by queue to keep with the easy-going pace, to look at the decorations, and to immerse ourselves in the culture (with a numbered index):

1) this is a shrine to the yeti
2) some people leave offerings of fruits or coins
3) others even leave them fastpasses (ha!)

a busier, more artsy-er short of everest
pictures from the ride
ride photo (a cart full of frenchies)

Next we headed over to Africa but eh safari was a 40-minute wait and our legs were too fired for Pangari... so let's go see some tumble monkeys -- the next show starts in 15 minutes!

a band of flautists
we made it!
it must be my lucky day
tumble monkeys! (can I get a holla?!)
(insert your own caption here)

After the show, we stayed in Camp Mickey-Minnie to take pictures with Donald and Goofy:


Then we "hung around" the park a little longer...

i couldn't pass up the opportunity

And on our way out, we got our picture in front of the Tree of Life.

beautiful beautiful day

Then it was back to the BUSSES and over to Disney Hollywood Studios!...

0 comment(s):