Saturday, March 01, 2008

DISNEY: Four Parks (Magic Kingdom)

After Disney Hollywood Studios, we arrived at the TTA to take a monorail (or ferry) to the Magic Kingdom. We chose the monorail; we asked for and got the front, but gave it up to a family of four (just passing around some good karma). I ended up in a monorail car with YOAMD stuff all over its windows.

blurry pics of the dvc "kingdom towers" construction at the contemporary resort

Walking down the ramp from the monorail station, there was a wedding party heading back to the resorts.

this will be me one day

A little further along, before the entrance, there were a couple topiaries and signs for the Pirate & Princess Party.

quess which one I'd dress up as...

It was busier at Magic Kingdom than at the other parks today. There wasn't a lot on our to-do list today, so we're enjoying just being there.

me and my boy

By then, it was around 6pm, and we hadn't eaten anything substantial all day, so since the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station happened to be open, we decided to give it a try.

first time
#5 beef & broccoli bowl
food pic, stitch pic

I felt an odd urgency to get going, so I took a few bites then packed up the rest (very convenient packaging) and put it in my bag for later.

Off to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

this pic is for you, cindy!
now time for the ride!
stitch got 6000 pts
ride pic (rocket-full of aliens)

[I found some "Tips for Scoring Big on Buzz" at AllEarsNet.com for next time.]

After Buzz Lightyear, we headed to Fantasyland and did Philharmagic. I think it's cool how they hide and bring back the stage frames. Anyways, after the show, we headed out of the park before the night-time parade.

We took the resort monorail back to the TTC to get a night pic of "Kingdom Towers".

they're still working... pretty cool

Then we transferred to the Epcot monorail, and ended up in a car with the Esperanza dance team, and only the Esparanza dance team. Seriously, there were a dozen girls on one side, and half-a-dozen of their mothers on the other, with cameras out on both ends. I was the only guy there (too bad I'm gay?!) and I ended up taking their group pictures (with Stitch) for them. I didn't take one with my camera, but it was memorable nonetheless... a most unexpected ride!

Now to Epcot to finish the night!...

0 comment(s):