Thursday, March 20, 2008

RUN: 3.56 miles @25:42, Running Zone Fun Run, Melbourne, FL

[hybrid/satellite versions are good for trails,
above is the hybrid, click HERE for satellite
]

Today after work, I headed north on Wickham to the Running Zone Fun Run. It's been a while since I last attended one, and this would be my first since they moved to the new location.



About a dozen runners showed up. The weather was bright, windy, and a bit chilly. We ran up, across the street, onto the horse trails to do a loop at Wickham Park, then back. I was running with the fast pack but took a walking interval in the park to give me some distance to make up (I run my practices really fast). I ended up running the 3.5 route at a 7:13-pace, and I felt pretty good.

There were a lot of new faces there. There was a guy with a Calvin & Hobbes panel tattooed on his calf, and it was pretty cool. I guess that I'd have a Stitch panel, probably with a Sweetie Bear guest appearance.

Anyways, that's about it. I went home after that and ate most of the leftover Awesome Blossom (not as awesome, then after it hurt my tummy, it was even less awesome) and put together a package for my little sister.

Here are tonight's pics (on location):

0 comment(s):