Wednesday, March 12, 2008

TOASTMASTERS: Evil Grammarian (Truthiness)

I believe that today's Toastmasters meeting went well. There was a mix of high- and low-energy moments, but nothing to the extreme. We had around 20 people at today's meeting, which is great great turnout.

I served as both Sergeant-At-Arms and the Evil Grammarian today, and I chose "TRUTHINESS" as the Word of the Day.

truthiness, n
1 : "truth that comes from the gut, not books" (Stephen Colbert, Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report," October 2005)
2 : "the quality of preferring concepts or facts one wishes to be true, rather than concepts or facts known to be true" (American Dialect Society, January 2006)
As a contributor, I think I did well with getting some good points out, but I could still improve in controlling my nervous energy and providing a more "calm-some" report (which would result in smoother less-"um'ed" communication).

Anyways, afterwards, headed back to the office, where someone mentioned free food in the other hallways, so we all headed over -- tacos and sandwiches! As I always say, I'm highly motivated by free food. And that's how my day's standing at the moment. I had slept through my alarm, so I'm behind a couple hours at work. And I'm contemplating running a causeway with a co-worker and a group he has. Oh, and I found out that I ran by one of my bosses last night as him and his wife were walking (I had waved, not recognizing who they were, and they recognized me too late and tried to call back, but I had headphones on).

Okay, I think that's it for now. I have running club meeting minutes to complete and send out, a four-park Disney day to continue work on, and the stint as a pet-owner I haven't mentally processed yet. And this weekend will include a Chopper Dropper fund-raising event, the Eye of the Dragon 10K race, and a day-trip to Orlando (pugs!) that I'll have to catch up on also... oh man... but I'm looking forward to it.

Spirits high.
:)

0 comment(s):