Sunday, April 13, 2008

RUN: 9.79 miles @~1:45-ish, Home<-LL->ST Loop+, Suntree, FL

[showing the Map today because I ran in the morning,
for the Hybrid, click HERE
]

It's Sunday in Melbourne. My body woke me up like a dog that was ready for its morning walk. I haven't run in a few days, and inside, I knew that I had to do it early today.

I checked my mail and gchatted with my MOM for a little while then grabbed my iPod (NPR stuff this time) and headed out. Long story short, I grabbed a doughnut for breakfast at the Hess because it was 89 cents there versus 99 cents at Chevron (I only brought four quarters), then stopped by CVS to look around, so I was really "running errands".

After that, I continued east and ran the Suntree loop. All the way there, the sky was overcast/misty but without the fear of rain. Once I hit the farthest point in the run, the clouds went away, and it got really sunny and hot. That's why I wore my long-sleeves... I should've put on some sunscreen.

I stopped after a couple miles to get a good stretch in. I ran really conservatively so that I didn't aggregate my right knee, but it was still somewhat obvious that I was still recovering. I had quite a number of walking breaks, but that's alright.

I came to find out that I ran more this morning than for all of last week. The fact that I was out there for so long is a fine accomplishment for now. Since, I've showered, done laundry, called my little sister, prepared and eaten lunch, and I still have a little more energy and motivation to check off a few more things -- none of which involve going to the office (I need my time here).

Anyways, that's it for now. Here are the pics:

1 comment(s):

Poker and Euchre said...

*ears perk up*

Did you say "Walk?"

*run around in circles*

*pant pant pant pant*