Thursday, July 24, 2008

JOURNAL: Oscar Mayer Wienermobile


When I heard that the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile was going to visit Melbourne (the Viera Wal-Mart to be specific), I was giddy inside. The Wienermobile is a national icon that I remember seeing on TV growing up. And now it was going to be a mile from my house!

So when the day came around, I scheduled work so that I would be able to leave half-an-hour early to beat the rush. I got to the WM parking lot under cloudy skies and saw it!...

And it was smaller than I'd imagine.

Still, it was cool, but again, not what I expected. There was no huge banners and no hoard of people. Just a couple college workers handing out coupons and taking pictures.

Now don't get me wrong, the hot dog cut-outs were very cute, especially with the young and old (with blinged out palm tree and flamingo glasses... classic!), I had just blown the whole thing up in my head and the difference in energy levels was kinda obvious.

I did get some Oscar Mayer Wiener whistles and was home earlier than I would've, but next time, I should set my bar a bit lower (perhaps too much theme park-ing. Anyways, pictures from the OMW's visit below:

[Click any of the images to make bigger.]

0 comment(s):