Tuesday, July 22, 2008

RUN: 4.68 miles @37:09, Publix<-->Suntree Loop, Suntree, FL

[Click HERE for the Map-version.]

After work, I came home and took a nap -- I figured it to be a good sleep supplement since I don't tend to get to bed early. Anyways, I woke-up halfway through Wipeout, but didn't worry; I'll just watch it online tomorrow.

Anyways, I had to get out of the house tonight, so I headed to the Publix parking lot and ran the Suntree Loop. I ran sans music because I left the ear buds at home, but on a good note, the gnats weren't out, and managed only one bug-in-the-mouth.

I got one cat call (? it was more pot-smokers-laughing-loud... how do I know?... I smell them when they pass by), otherwise it was pretty peaceful. I ran without stopping, and averaged just about an 8-minute pace (7:56). I'm nowhere near racing condition; I'm just glad to be running without too much pain.

The quiet run allowed me some time to think, which I needed. I keep finding myself stressing over things -- some that I should, some that I shouldn't. And like all of life, it's a matter of choosing battles and process improvement. Dah.

Anyways, I got back to Publix about 15 minutes before closing, so I went and got more frozen vegetables and some unhealthy snacks for the office.

I hope to be feeling more well-rested tomorrow and like I'm making some sort of a difference.

Below are the sweaty ceddy jumping pics, both from the kitchen (I'm not keen about the on-site photos I took). My hair is getting long -- wore it in a ponytail for the first time at work. I feel like it's too much of a topic-of-conversation (and probably not in a good-for-career way) but that's just my speculation. The things that I worry about. Dah:

0 comment(s):