Tuesday, October 28, 2008

JOURNAL: I Voted


Florida Governor Charlie Crist mandated that election centers extend their hours from the 8-hour day (8:30am-4:30pm) to 12-hours (7:00am-7:00pm) to accommodate the high number of persons participating in early voting. I read this online and, since the announcement was pretty fresh, figured that there wouldn't be much of a wait, so I drove directly from work to the Government buildings on Judge Fran Jamieson Way. There were about a dozen booths set up (including one of those questionable Diebold touch-screen machines) and only a couple other people there voting.

The experience was very quick and surprisingly easy. And now I really can't care less if/when self-righteous McCain-supporting Obama-bashing co-workers decide to out-of-the-blue/red gang up and preach on me -- bring it on; it won't make no difference; I already voted.

0 comment(s):