Friday, November 21, 2008

DISNEY: HollyMal

Today, I made plans to head over to Orlando to visit the Tupperware International Headquarters and figured, "While I'm in the area...". I had a couple errands to run at the parks, and so that's how this quick visit came to be.

I made it to DHS around 11:00a and first got my errands out of the way. I went to Guest Services and then Package Pick-up to see about the 3D glasses for Annual Passholders for the Osbourne Family Lights Spectacular. I must've misread the latest Monitor because distribution doesn't start until the next Friday. *shrug* The other errand was to return the alien shirts that I was going to be worn for the ToT 13k -- I sported the Mike Wazowski shirt instead. Done.

So with all that out of the way, I checked out TSMM (50 mins, pass) then proceeded onto MuppetVision 3D 4D where I just missed out on the Dream Squad passing out lanyards. dah. I was going to visit Star Wars, but noticed that it was close to the next showing of Indiana Jones, so I went there to check out the... talent. It was a different cast and another good show. The crowd in the park seemed light, so I decided to check out Sunset Blvd. There was no wait at ToT, and RnR was maybe 10 mins.

After that, I was done there and headed over to DAK. It was past 2pm and I hadn't had lunch yet. So I made a quick stop to take pictures of the Primeval Whirl progress and then went to the Yak & Yeti counter service. I didn't realize just how expensive the food was, and if I was going to spend $10 on food, I'm getting ribs. So I went back to Flame Tree BBQ. Billy joined me, and we went to ride Expedition Everest, and that's about it. A simple trip.

As I left the front gate of DAK, I was feeling disillusioned. The lunch plan didn't plan out well -- me not making timely decisions made me feel disappointed at myself -- and as I got onto the tram, I was feeling phased. As we headed to the parking lot, the lady beside me asked me if I had a good time. I said that I did, and at that moment I did. The inquiry was very genuine and unexpected, and it really made my afternoon.

The visit to the parks was fine -- wasn't ideal but nothing bad really happened. I should be good to go a couple weeks without it.

Pictures are after the itinerary.

-----
Here's what I did this visit:

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (FILM 24)
- returned alien shirt
- got FP for TSMM (5:20p-6:20p)
- MuppetVision 3D (just missed Dream Squad)
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (different cast)
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (gave away TSMM FP)
- got FP for RNR
- Aerosmith Rock 'n' Rollercoaster (2:10p-3:10p)

drove CAR over to

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM (DINOSAUR 35)
- took pictures of Primeval Whirl refurb progress
- Flame Tree BBQ (1/2 slab of st. louis ribs)
- Expedition Everest
- took pictures of a not-open Trilo-Bites

-----
Hollywood Studios











Animal Kingdom










1 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Good Dad!