Monday, November 10, 2008

MOVIE: Transsiberian


Transsiberian is about an American couple who are traveling on the titled railroad. They meet a young couple who are suspicious, and this leads to some unfortunate events.

The movie was long (1:51) and could've had more happen, but it did transport me to Russia for the time. I had rented the movie from the Redbox at WM because its poster looks like that of another movie I want to see, Frozen River, and because I saw Thomas Kretschmann listed.

Emily Mortimer was really good, and Woody Harrelson and Ben Kingsley were meh, but Thomas Kretschmann was a complete waste -- few lines, stock character, and with a "I can't tell if it's more David Beckham or Kevin Federline" haircut... too bad. Still, the movie wasn't a complete waste.

A friend at work recently sent me a link to a travel agency, Intrepid Travel, that offers trips with purpose -- sort of like mission trips for the non-religious (and they even have a section especially for gays). I'm seriously considering one of these trips -- extended, different, exotic, and kind of an experience instead of a distraction. I mention this because the movie doesn't really promote visiting Russia, but I Europe, Australia, and hidden Africa still look good.

I don't know. I had a weird day. It was a bit T.A.D, but also very full of noise. I came out to my office-mate and another co-worker, and I came away feeling a bit more naked and vulnerable than I like. Perhaps it wasn't the most appropriate of all topics, but it's said, it's done, and I believe it's a step in the right direction. The fallout is still TBD, and I guess I'm bracing for the worst, hoping for the best (which could be nothing).

Anyways, I was going to make a separate post dedicated to my coming out at work, but I honestly don't want to think too much about it. I still have running club minutes to transcribe and design slides at work to put together, so I'm bailing on my supposed speech on Wednesday -- as inspired and encouraged I am from attending the fall conference this past weekend, I just have too much on my plate to deal with right now.

Alright, good night.

0 comment(s):