Sunday, November 02, 2008

RUN: 5.25 miles@??:??, Home<-LL->Stadium Pkwy Loop (reverse), Melbourne, FL


[I ran the gov't/stadium loop backwards;
above is a reused routemap... kinda.
]

With Daylight Savings Time (extra hour), I figured to go for an early morning run -- also because I haven't run since Thursday, and I've been wanting to increase my mileage/fitness in prep of upcoming long-distance races.

My alarm started going off at new-6:00am, and I finally got out of bed around 6:20am. Fifteen minutes later I was out the door in my running tights, shorts, long-sleeved cotton, windjacket, and skull cap. I also ran san music -- it would've been another 20 minutes for me to find my ipod.

There was a light rain and a mild chill. Is it going to be like this all day? I started off at a slow jog, and it felt like forever when I reached the 1/2 mile mark. I continued on steadily and made it all the way to the end of Lake Andrew without stopping.

I had a good sweat started and took the wind jacket off and tied it around my waist. I saw a couple cars pull into the government buildings, probably people queuing up early to vote. I then continued on with another long steady stretch of jogging which finished with a charge up the small hill leading to the driving range on Stadium. U took a short breather, then as I started up again, I felt a small sharp pain in my right ankle, like a twist or sprain, so I decided to walk from there.

So I walked. I walked the last mile plus home, which was fine. I think the big thing for me was that I made it outside with the intention of running this morning. Yay.

Anyways, before I procrastinate anymore, here are the sweaty ceddy pics:


Now, I'm heading to Disney.

0 comment(s):