Tuesday, March 17, 2009

FOOD: Crock Pot Corned Beef -- Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Last night, I put corned beef and vegetables (cabbage, carrots, potatoes, onions) into the crock pot -- my first attempt with the contraption -- and passed out on the couch again around 11pm. This morning, I woke up to the aroma of a freshly-cooked meal. Here's a couple pics:

Can I use the crock pot to make bacon?!

Anyways, I left it on "Keep Warm" while I was at work and was getting paranoid. When I got home, the whole house smelled like cabbage. *shrug*. I turned the crock pot off then headed out to another Toastmasters meeting.

Finally, around 10pm, after an entire day of thinking about it, I had some for dinner... it was greasy but tasted like a success! I wonder what'll be next :)

0 comment(s):