Friday, May 01, 2009

JOURNAL : Album Cover

Here's a fun something I found on a friend's friend's Facebook page. It's called "Album Cover":

Step 1 - Go to "wikipedia." Hit “random”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

Step 2 - Go to "Random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

Step 3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

Step 4 - Use Photoshop (or similar) to put it all together.

[There's a Step 5 in which you post the picture and tag 25 of your friends to make a cover of their own, but I'm not the type who likes to impose.]

-----
Anyways, it's completely random and totally fun. The first time I did this, I was part of a band named Pakistan Meteorology Department and whose first album was titled "I'm Just Wearing Better Shoes".


You really don't know what you'll get.

The associated picture is from Northern Star's Flickr page and is titled "Teru Bōzu".

[Note to Northern Star: I wanted to contact you to ask permission for use of your photo, but didn't know how best to contact you. I will remove it if you ask. The use here is strictly for entertainment purposes, and because the little voices in my head told me to.]

I really do love NS's description of the photo:

"teru bōzu (teru = shiny; bozu = buddhist priest) is a little traditional hand-made doll made of cloth that japanese farmers began hanging outside of their window by a string. this amulet is supposed to have magical powers to bring good weather and to stop or prevent a rainy day."

-----
Here's my latest album cover:

"Bitter In It" by Namida Namida Namida

Namida Namida Namida is actually a CD single by Japanese singer and voice actress Aya Hirano.
-----
Anyways, if you create an album cover of your own and want me to post it here, post a link to your album cover in the comments or for those who have my email, just send me a copy.

:)

0 comment(s):