Friday, May 22, 2009

JOURNAL: Hello.

Apparently I've fallen off the face of the earth. Luckily for you, I've return, and boy, was it hot as hell.

(as?...).

Anyways, I haven't posted in a while because I've been very busy at work, my home computer's reaching capacity and is running slow, and a half-dozen other excuses.

Truth is the slow computer is a big contributor to procrastination, the fact that it's been a while since my past photo order is another (I think that I'm caught up with sorting), and I had just fallen off of practice.

And I don't like the fact that I'm out of practice. I seriously have a hard time remember what all I've done. I've gotta write it down.

So, I went back up to SC last weekend for my little sister's graduation. Stephen Colbert was awesome as the commencement speaker -- Charleston is his hometown and he didn't play the part of his television personality; he was personal, encouraging, funny.

Asides from that, the weekend was nice time spent with the family, particularly my little sister, our brother, and his wife. The parents left early on, and it was fun and easy-going on our own. I also managed to see a few of my friends who live in Charleston -- and it was good practice traveling around the area. During the course of the weekend, I took 500+ photos, and I hope to eventually post a few here soon.

Getting back to this past week, as mentioned, work has been very busy. Code cut-off was Thursday, and I managed a couple 12-hr days towards it. Most of us didn't really make cut-off, but that was due to reasons beyond our control. The upcoming weeks will still be pretty work-heavy, but I love the pressure and am looking forward to seamless workdays and a lot of concentration.

Anyways, we did celebrate code cut-off with a movie night at a co-worker's house (Jordan's). Moji made some delicious chicken, crispy potatoes, and fresh cabbage-cherry_tomato-cucumber salad; and we brought over chips and beer. I met a couple new people that night, and they were both really cool and fit right in with our crazy bunch. And meeting them had me starting to think about dating again.

I really should give it another try. I think the efforts also being prompted my officemate's prediction that I'll have a big wedding that'll also serve as my "coming in" party. Seriously? I'm already past the stage of having to prove anything and heading such a claim just makes me feel oddness towards them... just like when I meet someone who genuinely believes that man and dinosaurs co-existed.

Anyways, I'd like to challenge myself to at least go on a couple dates before the end of summer. The details of this challenge are still TBD.

Alright, I'll try to post something with a picture next time... probably an entry about this morning's rainy Sportsfest 5K at Wickham Park (I helped with the timing).

Okay, tomorrow I'm hitting the parks for a little while (Star Wars, UP Meet & Greet) then hitting the outlets. I do want to make a visit to Sea World sometime to check out the new Manta rollercoaster and to support the cause. Until then, I'll try to stay away from the edge.

0 comment(s):