Tuesday, June 09, 2009

GAY DAYS 2009: Red Shirts - Honorable Mentions

At this year's Gay Days (2009!), I managed a lot of pictures of red shirts with my sister's further encouragement. We each have our favorites, and here are this year's honorable mentions...

Honorable Mentions:

"You + Me = Fail!"
Where: in the Castle hub
When: waiting for the 3:00pm parade

Comment: First of all Happy Birthday Aaron! Anyways, the shirt has one of those “let’s be honest” messages, and I totally subscribe. It’s like wearing a shirt that says, “Will you be my next ex-boyfriend.” This shirt would’ve made the Top 10 had it been executed better or more haphazardly gayer. Still, I seriously dig this shirt.
...
---------------
"He is Gay -->"
Where: at the entrance of Epcot Center
When: a couple monorail rides after the end of the 3:00pm parade

Comment: When I saw this shirt, I thought it was funny. When I saw the guy, I had to have a picture with. Very cute.
---------------
"Media Whore"
Where: in front of Cinderella's Castle
When: during a performance of the Dreams Come True stage show

Comment: I too am a media whore. I love seeing my picture in newspapers, magazines, and monthly nationwide emails (‘08 DLHM!). Anyways, I'll play Fairy Godmother to this princess and grant him some publicity.
---------------
"Gay Days '09 Anaheim"
Where: in line for Peter Pan's Flight
When: 9:10am, 2nd ride of the day

Comment: Yay, love from the West Coast. Well, here’s a shout-out from the East Coast! I actually recognized the wearer from D23's Flower and Fireworks Celebration the weekend before. Pretty awesome.
---------------
"I would Love a Gay Family"
Where: at the Gay Days Expo at the Royal Plaza Hotel
When: Friday, 10:00am-ish

Comment: This is the first animal-worn red shirt to make it onto any of my list; it was worn by a greyhound from a local greyhound rescue center. Hopefully the other dogs will take note and plan accordingly for next year.
---------------
"Want Woman"
Where: hub in front of Cinderella's Castle
When: on the way to meet Cori and Marty at the front of Magic Kingdom

Comment: A couple of lesbians wore this shirt, and it was instantly hilarious. This would've made Top 10 had I taken a picture of the actual shirts (I swiped the above picture from the Internets). I was still warming up to the shamelessness of it all, and we all seemed to be in a hurry.
---------------
"My Pecker Is Stuck"
Where: in the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad queue
When: 11:00am on the dot.

Comment: I do love the inappropriate shirts (check out the SILF from last year), and the guy wearing this shirt wore it boldly. He was also very photo-friendly -- well-groomed, sleeveless-approved, and fashionably accessorized.
---------------
"Get Plowed In Nebraska"
Where: in the Jungle Cruise queue
When: 9:45am, 3rd ride of the day

Comment: Another inappropriate shirt! (so cheeky!) Even though it features one of my friend's rival states, I love it. One of my co-workers didn't understand the shirt, and I decided halfway through my explanation it was better not to corrupt her precious mind.
---------------
"Thank You Disney For Being A Friend"
Where: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad queue
When: about the same as the other BTMR pictures

Comment: Here's a group entry. The front of the shirt reads "Thank you Disney for being a friend" and on the back, there was a different saucy saying from Golden Girls. It was a nice homage to Bea Arthur. A couple quotes are the following:

"Rose, I know this is a long shot, but did you take too much acid in the sixties?" - Dorothy Zbornak
"It's Miami in June. Only cats are wearing fur." - Dorothy Zbornak
The shirt's font was difficult to read, but their timeliness and creativity were still much appreciated.
---------------
"All Smart Bears Are Wearing Red"
Where: in the line to get into the 1:00pm Country Bear Jamboree
When: quarter-til

Comment: The shirt was cute, especially with the "think, think, think!" but the shirt was a bit too subtle -- it took me until I got home to realize that Pooh was wearing red. No worries for Pooh though, you'll see him again in my Top 10 on another Bear entry.
---------------
"Don't Poke The Bear/Cubby"
Where: looking back towards Tomorrowland
When: a little past 2:00pm, after MILF

Comment: Okay, another bear entry. They are a creative bunch who know how to operate an iron, and I do enjoy the homemades. Awww. I spotted this papa bear at the 1:00pm Country Bear Jamboree but had a better shot later on here.
---------------
"The Smart Ride"
Where: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!
When: 10:58:42am

Comment: No innuendo here. Just a good cause. This shirt was worn by my friend Michael C. (please sponsor!) who is participating in this charity bicycle ride benefiting the Broward House, a community-based organization that provides a full array of quality services to those living with and at risk for HIV and other health issues... something to truly be honorably mentioned.

0 comment(s):