Saturday, June 27, 2009

RUN: 5.49 miles @ ??:??, Wickham Park, Melbourne, FL

Today, I slept in, made breakfast, checked my Internets, then headed to work for a few hours. I wanted to get a run (it's been a while), so I stopped by Wickham Park on the way home.
...

When I got out of the car, it was still sunny. I was promptly on my way around the outside perimeter of the park (4 miles) when it started to drizzle. By the time I reached the first corner (Parkway/Wickham) it was a downpour. I wasn't too worried because I didn't see any lightning, and from the line between sun and clouds, I figured that the rain wouldn't be for too long.

Sure enough, when I reached the last corner (Croton/Parkway), the rain had stopped and sun was out again.

Anyways, the rain was a mask and excuse for my slow running... actually a nice welcome back to running. I did take quick breaks at miles 1.75, 2.25, 3.5, and 3.75, but I was still did pretty good for someone so out of practice. Plus, I don't think I ran that ugly either.

Once back to the car, I decided to go an inside-loop further. I just jogged it and took a couple of extended walk breaks to savor the fact that I was outside getting exercise -- plus my shoes/socks were sogged, and my legs weren't used to the distance (Goofy, here I come!).

And I was wearing new shoes but now they're looking pretty experienced. I'm guessing that mowing the lawn in them once I got home probably didn't help either. No worries, I got them for $25 at the outlet, and will probably run them through the washer soon.

Anyways, I was nearly done with the lawn when I looked up and... Rocket launch? I had no idea. I was a bit sad that I missed seeing it go up, but the cloud was still there and that was very cool.

After that, I went in, got cleaned up, and made dinner, which was one of the fifteen bags of Beef & Broccoli Voila! I got on clearance at Publix ($2/each!). And that's about it. I'm going to bed really early so that I can make it make it over in good time to maybe explore the Poly beforehand... Kona Coffee? Tonga Toast?

G'night!

Here are more jumping pics and a cloud pic:

0 comment(s):