Tuesday, July 07, 2009

RUN: 3.62 miles @~30:40, Home<-LL->Avenue, Melbourne, FL

Tonight, I went for a run even though I was really tired and probably should've just called it an early night. I ran because I wanted to get closer to my 15-mile goal and the all-the-more-idolized Picnic In The Park. And I'm actully glad that I got out there.
...
I really felt stronger, steadier, and more sure-footed. I had two short breaks -- one at halfway (mile 1.83), the other at the side of WM -- and could've done without the second. Still, 30:40 for 3.62 miles... that's 8:28 pace, and that's including the walk intervals. Not bad. I think that when I was in my prime, I was regularly running 7:20s, but I'd be happy to reach even 8s.

Anyways, It's going to be a busy next couple of months -- a lot of events to plan in addition to the many things to catch up on. Lots of correspondences and hard work. I've just gotta keep it up.

:)

And here are tonight's sweaty ceddy pics:


4.80 + 3.62 = 8.42 miles so far

15.00 - 8.42 = 6.58 miles to go

0 comment(s):