Saturday, August 22, 2009

RUN: 5.53 miles @53:52, Home<-LL->VHS-ish Loop, Melbourne, FL

...
These past couple weeks, I've sadly been off anything resembling a running regiment, with this week being one big Toastmasters marathon -- 7 clubs in 6 days. I was lucky to even get in 2 1/2 hrs of volleyball. In addition, I've been dealing with some difficult interactions at work and an ailing car ($$$). And although I would've preferred that I had maintained a better attitude all-throughout, I see my failings as part of the texture of who I am.

Anyways, I want to do 13.1 miles this weekend (total, not necessarily in one go). It's the least I can do with the Disneyland Half only a couple weeks away. And with 5.53 of running/walking done today, I have 7.57 to go. The fact that I am now letting myself sleep in over the weekend, it'd difficult to find a good time to run outside in which it isn't either scorching hot or showing lightning.

Today's run was prompted by some thunder. I quickly headed out to get the run in, which was soon after eating dinner (chicken tenders) so I immediately cramped. It was very much a walk-run, but I managed a couple fine half-mile segments and actually got cat-called by a girl in an SUV ("Helloooo..."). I ran with music (ipod, Rachel Maddow) and no shirt, but this was still ugly-running.

That's about it. I have a lot of blogging to catch up with, but I feel like it's going to be a lost week. Oh well. Priorities.

No Disney this weekend either -- too scared to use the car if I don't need to -- but Kendal and friends are coming over tonight for a dessert party we've only been talking about til now. I can't wait.

0 comment(s):