Tuesday, November 24, 2009

FOOD: Chex Party Mix

Chex Party Mix
(this is how I did it)
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups Rice Chex
  • 3 cups Corn Chex
  • 3 cups Wheat Chex
  • 2 cups Pretzels (doubled up since I'm skipping the bagel chips)
  • 1 cup of Mixed Nuts (no peanuts!)
  • 6 Tbsp. Butter, melted
  • 2 Tbsp. Worcester Sauce (it was new, but you don't want to know how old this was)
  • 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder ($.50 at wal-mart)
  • 3/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Seasoned Salt (didn't know there was such a thing... next time I'm using Old Bay)

    Directions (followed oven instructions instead of microwave):
  • Preheat the oven to 250F.
  • Melt the butter in a large roasting pan in the oven.
  • Add the seasoning ingredients and mix well.
  • Slowly add the rest of the ingredients.
  • Gently mix to coat.
  • Bake in oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
  • Let cool on paper towels for 15 minutes, then
  • Store in airtight container.

    Okay, I'm already munching on the mix, and I'm really liking it. I hope that there's enough for the people at the office tomorrow. This was my first try, and I have enough cereal for a second batch (tomorrow maybe). On the back of each Chex box is a different Chex Mix recipe -- Cinnamon-Apple Chex Mix, Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix, and Chex Muddy Buddies. I may have to "Chexperiment" more often.

    :)

    [eop]

  • 0 comment(s):