Friday, February 19, 2010

RUN: Night around Wickham Park, Melbourne, FL

Tonight, I ran the roads around Wickham Park. I ran in sweatpants and a sweatshirt, the older Asics shoes, and with music (This American Life "Middle of the Night").

I ran slow but managed not to stop. I made a bad step with my left foot while running on the grassy side of Croton. It was cold but not too bad. I had trouble catching my breath at first; as the run went along, my breathing caught up.

The route is supposed to be 4 miles, but I figured that I ran somewhere around 25 minutes, and I totally didn't run 6-minute miles... weird. I'll have to measure and post the route another time (I'm skimping on routes and photos in order to just get entries up).
-----
This week has been National Engineering Week. I've had activities during lunchtime every day of this week (three of them being Toastmasters related). Today, I traveled down to Palm Bay for a presentation about Engineering at Disney. It was pretty fantastic. If I find my notes, I'll try to post more about it (I've got plenty of other things to catch up on).

Work has been a lot more consistent this week. I've been taking a "Bode Miller" approach to life and am "sacrificing some heart" for "more time on the podium". Also, all of the free leftover food was a big comfort.
-----
Anyways, tomorrow, I'm off to Orlando to help build ramps for the Center for Independent Living in Central Florida -- Rampage 2010! This is for my "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" hat & pin set -- then Sunday is a Disney Day! I'm glad it's the weekend.

0 comment(s):