Sunday, November 26, 2006

RACE: Space Coast Half-Marathon

This morning, I ran the Space Coast Half-Marathon at Riverfront Park in Cocoa, FL.

I didn't get sub-1:35. I didn't get a PR. But it's okay, because I have a story... not so much a story... more a "I ran off the path, stepped into a water meter box without a cover and my shoe flew off". Yeah, I just laid on the ground for a couple seconds, laughed, then super-kicked the last 200 meters.

(Thanks for the picture Kelly!)

(Thanks for the picture Fiona!)

(Thanks for the picture Barry!)
This is all after a couple miles of walk-then-running. I had exhausted myself in the middle section of the race trying to up the pace on John, a fellow age-group competitor. He didn't. And he continued on to get a 1:34:38 and get third in our division. Good for him. :)

I had started the race with Bob, a friend I hadn't seen since the spring's Tiger Dash at Wickham Park. Our times for the 2006 Disney Marathon were within a second of each other, though we did not run together (an interesting coincidence). Anyways, he was going for a 1:37, so we ran together starting the first couple miles at 7:30 pace. We slowly crept up our pace, but in the end, after being unable to shake off John, it was too much for me, but I urged Bob to continue on, and he ended up getting 3rd in his age group. So good for him too.

Anyways, I don't know what else to write about the event. My mind is fried. So here are more photos:

     Causeway that was in-view

     Auditorium, pre-crowds

     Starting Line

     Me, post-race

     Michelle, miss photogenic

     Some random guy who, from this angle, looks naked

     Scott, tired

-----
     Up & Running Racing Team, some of

     Running Zone Racing Team, some of

-----
     My Race Number

     My Finisher's Medal

     Me and "My Award" (yeah, it's totally not Michelle's award)

-----
Okay... five hours later... this blog is done. OMG I need some alcohol.

1 comment(s):

Cedric said...

If it wasn't for Barry's photo, I could almost've said that I ran a 1:31:03... would've been sweet.