Monday, January 22, 2007

JOURNAL: 11 1/2 hours of good work

It's been the most productive 11 1/2 hours of work I've had in a long time. I attribute it to a number of things:

    1. Gorging and Drinking last night --> six taco bell tacos, a box of microwave pot-stickers, and a few glasses of "juice" helped with getting some good sleep.

    2. ADHD meds + 2 cups of coffee --> alertness and frequent pee-breaks -- sections off the day in manageable bites -- plus, who needs lunch?

    3. Heavier hands/greater expectations from management --> the combo of belief and need to do better, delivered by a more-involved boss.

    4. No unclass PCs in our work hallway --> cuts down on my email-neediness/news-dependency. Focus, focus, focus...

    5. Cozy work area/No windows --> I'm glad that I came in over the weekend to set up a couple new lights and fake plants... it's back to dorm-days/of more productivity... it's like working at home. And the lack of visual circadian cues puts me in my own industrious little world... like Narnia: Office-edition.

0 comment(s):