Tuesday, February 13, 2007

RUN: 4x 1mile

Tonight we ran mile repeats (perimeter of Wickham Park) at supposedly :10 slower than 5K race pace and with 90 seconds inbetween. Um... I ran faster than I should've - 6:17, 6:26, 6:34, 6:17.

I do have to admit that the last one, though was kind of running with someone, the racing/competative/paranoid/pride sensation resurfaced and I was running scared and too hard, and afterwards my right knee kind of hurt. It's fine now.

It's been 2 1/2 hours since practice, and I haven't taken a shower yet. This is not unexpected. Boo. It kind of keeps me from "getting on with my night". Okay, that'll be something to work on next time.

I cooked squash while To Catch A Predator played in the background (NBC's the only channel I have now). Here's a picture of the squash:
And here is tonight's Kitchen Photo:That was the only pair of running shorts I had in the car.
(Note: I cropped the photo because I thought the look on my face looked a little creepy.)

Anyways, work was good today... what there was of it - I also had two meetings and a training class. The meetings were okay; I found out that I had a 0% timecard error rate (third quarter in a row baby!), plus lunch was provided (free food!). The training class again wasn't much use; class size is too big and the way the course is organized doesn't present itself to be effective. I did grab a couple packs of twizzlers, two bottles of water, and eleven packs of toasty peanut-butter crackers (everyone had left and the leftovers were going to get trashed anyway... and I still left some there... doh!).

Okay, going to shower now and figure out the next project to tackle here around the house.

0 comment(s):