Sunday, February 24, 2008

JOURNAL: Watching the Oscars Without a TV

Not so much "Without a TV" as "Without a TV with ABC".

[Just a quick note before bed.]

Yeah, so yay to all the winners. I would've liked Amy Ryan win for Best Supporting Actress but I'm definitely not bummed about Tilda Swinton. I like her, and she was the best thing about Michael Clayton.

All 5 Best Picture nominees took home at least one award, and surprisingly (or not) The Bourne Ultimatum went three-for-three, and La Vie En Rose picked up two of the three it was nominated for.

As mentioned, I didn't "watch" the show. What happened was that one of my sisters called me then put her cell phone by the TV. So I was able to listen to John Stewart's opening monologue (ha!). Then later on, I followed the results online at imdb.com and awardsdaily.com but still txt my sis for other updates and to critique what people were wearing (why, Daniel, why?!).

Anyways, this was my first time I haven't watched the ceremony since the English Patient won Best Pic (omg, 1997), but I still had fun sitting on my ass in front of the computer all night long. Time to brush teeth and get back on the cot.

0 comment(s):