Friday, February 22, 2008

WORK: Design Review & TM Seminar

I just got done with a code design review that I facilitated, and I thought that it was the best one of those I've given so far! It wasn't a particularly difficult code-change, but I had confidence in the material I was presenting, I was focused, and I was able to explain my suggestions pretty darn clearly! (In the pattern of this week, I also put out some free snacks, but I don't think they came across as bribe-ish.)

I was pretty energetic too. This review came soon after lunchtime, where I attended the Toastmasters presentation, where all five of the speakers did a fantastic job (plus there was free food!). I filled out an evaluation for a couple speakers and helped bring down/up the timing equipment and club banner, so the sense of contribution was high and satisfying (and the cookies were delicious).

We're kinda food-oriented around here -- can you tell? It was one of many running themes in the presentations... plus the playful rivalry between the sister clubs, and the honest motivations for joining. It was another fun time by all.

Just a couple more hours in the work day, then it's weekend. Sorry for another pic-less post. I'll try to do better net time.

0 comment(s):