Thursday, March 27, 2008

RUN: 3.51 miles @25:19, RZ Fun Run, Melbourne, FL

[Satellite above, Hybrid HERE]

I started the end of the work week with a drive up Wickham to the Running Zone for their weekly fun run. It's the last one of the month, which meant that there would be free pizza and a raffle.

Anyways, it was a nice run. Just about the same course as last week, except maybe a little bit different in the BCC parking lot. There were a lot of people there... I'm talking about over 30 runners/walkers.

I took the first half easy, which actually felt harder -- or maybe I was feeling the night before's causeway run. Anyways, halfway through, I kicked it up and went into race-ish mode.

I know that I could be seen as foolish for doing so, but I didn't have much distance this week and I wanted some speed. Anyways, I kicked it in (um, for about a mile), and ended up averaging my usual 7:13/mile.

As far as post-run, here's a pic of the pizza and the people who stayed for the raffle (i didn't win anything... oh well):

free pizza... always good

SO many people there

There was also a happy corgi in attendance:

so happy, so cute!

Anyways, I think I'll keep attending this one. I like the course and the fact that I'm running with a lot of people that I don't know.

Here's the sweaty ceddy, jumping on site pics:

0 comment(s):